Lemon essential oil is known for its antiseptic, carminative, astringent, sleep inducing, calming, antifungal, and detoxifying properties. This oil is typically used in treating fever, sleep disorders, stomach ailments, obesity, skin problems, and even infections.
Lemon is one of the more popular citrus fruits as it is frequently used in many culinary dishes as well as drinks. Aside from making the dish or beverage more flavorful, it also aids in digestion. What other reasons are there that make this particular essential oil the best today?
- It combats stress. There are those days when stress gets the better of us so if you want to combat the usual fatigue, anxiety, nausea, and exhaustion caused by too much worrying, use lemon essential oil. Diffusing this essential oil makes it easier for you to inhale its citrusy scent which can boost your mental alertness so you will be able to deal with your problems easily. What’s more, inhaling the lemon scent can also increase your energy levels so that you will be able to do more in the day.
- It boosts circulation. Muscle cramps and fatigue can cause discomfort and will hinder our movements so if you want to prevent this from happening, especially after doing an intense workout, you should mix equal parts of lemon essential oil with carrier oil and massage on the affected muscles. This will help boost circulation in the muscles to loosen them up and to reduce the pain.
- It can treat asthma. Another reason why this essential oil is considered as one of the best is that it is known to help treat asthma. Inhaling the scent of lemon can also clear up the nasal passages and airways so that it will be easier for you to breathe normally. You can diffuse the scent or add to a bowl of hot water so you can inhale the steam.
- It reduces signs of aging. It appears that lemon essential oil is also good for fighting off signs of aging. Lemon contains antioxidants that can also combat free radicals from destroying your skin cells and at the same time, promote collagen production. Just mix this oil with coconut oil before massaging on your skin to help moisturize and nourish it.
- It can nourish your hair. There are those days when our hair looks dull and dry. This may be due to the amount of hair products that we tend to use every day including the constant use of heating tools. The good news is that you can create a hair tonic using lemon oil to combat dandruff while promoting healthier and stronger hair.
- It can increase shelf life of produce. Fruits and vegetables only have a short shelf life depending on the type that you have on hand. However, you can use lemon oil to make them stay fresh longer. Just fill a bowl with water then add a few drops of this essential oil and drop your produce in the bowl. Make sure that the entire fruit or vegetable is coated with the oil and water mixture to preserve it.