When it comes to staying healthy, it is important that we pay attention to the foods that we are eating on a daily basis. A lot of people tend to follow a certain type of diet when they’re trying to achieve a certain weight but if you are aiming for long term results, you should include certain types of food to your diet which should be eaten at least once a week. Which foods are these? Here are some to get you started.
- Salmon. Eating salmon at least once a week is guaranteed to give you your much needed fats. And we are not talking about the bad fats here but rather the good ones namely, omega-3 and omega-6, both of which are necessary for better cardiovascular health. With just a hundred grams of this fish, you can get about 13 grams of fat already.
- Walnuts. If you don’t have enough fiber in your diet, you will have a hard time digesting your food. This can trigger constipation at times which can double your discomfort. With that being said, adding nuts like walnuts to your weekly diet is sure to help improve your digestion because walnuts contain fiber. You can also expect essential fatty acids to be present here as well so this is definitely a must.
- Oats. Start your morning right with a bowl of oatmeal as it is high in fiber which can help your digestive system. Another reason why eating oats is a good idea is because it contains quite a lot of fiber compared to other types of grains. It also contains beta-glucans which minimizes the absorption of cholesterol in your intestines which is important to reduce your risk of heart problems in the long run.
- Blueberries. Blueberries should also make an appearance in your weekly diet especially when you want to increase the amount of antioxidants in your body. What’s great about blueberries is that eating a cup of it will deliver sufficient amounts of antioxidants that can combat free radicals present in your body. Think of this fruit as the one that can slow down aging as it gets rid of the free radicals that are known to damage the cells in your body.
- Fruits. Of course, adding fruits to your weekly or daily diet is also going to be worth your while especially since fruits contain plenty of vitamins and minerals that can boost your immune system, lower your cholesterol, improve your digestion, and even combat free radicals. The best part is that you can mix up your fruits so you can get different types of nutrients per day.
- Beans. Aside from nuts, you should also try adding beans to your diet because they are one of the best sources of protein which your body needs to repair and build muscles. They are also rich in fiber which is also an important nutrient as it keeps the digestive system working properly.