What you eat actually plays a huge role on how healthy your skin will turn out to be as opposed to those creams that you often apply after you take a bath or shower. Unfortunately, with the kind of lifestyle that we are living nowadays, we are missing out on a lot of essential vitamins and minerals which is why our skin looks dry, dull, and prone to signs of aging.
But what if you can correct your diet and start eating the right kinds of food? When you start paying more attention to the kinds of food that you eat, you will have more control on what goes inside your body so that you will be able to bring back the natural glow of your skin. So which foods should you include in your new diet? Here are some that are worth mentioning.
- Carrots. Carrots should definitely be part of your daily diet as they are packed with vitamin A and beta-carotene which are not only good for the eyes but for the skin too. The antioxidants present in this vegetable can prevent overproduction of cells on the dermis which means that there will be less flakes building up and less sebum build up too which can clog your pores causing your skin to break out in acne.
- Natto. Going Japanese during your meals is a good idea especially when it comes to bringing back your skin’s natural glow. One particular dish that should grace your table is Natto which is done by boiling the soybeans and fermenting them. This particular dish contains high amount of vitamin K2 which promotes strong bones, better cardiovascular health, and improving skin elasticity. Another plus to eating Natto is that it can help make your digestive system better which can have a positive effect on your skin.
- Green tea. If you haven’t tried drinking tea, you might want to start now as green tea is found to be beneficial for the skin particularly in fighting back acne. It would be better if you drink up to five cups of green tea per day to gain its full benefits. A plus to drinking green tea is that it contains plenty of antioxidants which is perfect for the skin.
- Yellow peppers. Compared to oranges, yellow peppers contain higher amounts of vitamin C which is essential to the growth of muscle and skin tissue. Researchers have discovered that those who eat more yellow peppers are less likely to experience skin aging which is one reason why you should add this particular vegetable to your diet.
- Spinach. Popeye’s favorite snack definitely packs a punch as it contains a large amount of folate which can prevent the growth of cancer cells. Eating a cup of cooked spinach contains 65 percent of folate that you will need for the day.
- Blueberries. Another type of food that you should eat regularly is blueberries. This superfood contains antioxidants that can put a halt on any cancerous cells from forming, skin aging, as well as combat free radicals that damage your skin’s overall health. The anthocyanins present in blueberries can help strengthen collagen fibers for smoother and supple looking skin. What’s more, this fruit is good for the gut so you won’t have any problem digesting your food.
Making small changes to your diet can have positive effects on your overall health particularly in your skin. By choosing the right kinds of food such as those mentioned above, you won’t have to worry about your skin looking dull and dry because the nutrients that you will be getting will make you glow.