The appearance of warts can be a source of embarrassment especially when they appear in areas that are visible to the public. Although there are various medical treatments to be done to remove them, going the natural route is worth considering especially when you are on a tight budget. The good news is that these natural treatments don’t come with any harmful side effects so they are definitely worth trying out.
- Vitamin C tablets. One home remedy that you can use to remove warts is to grind a few tablets of vitamin C and add some water to create a paste. Apply the paste on the wart then cover afterwards with gauze or tape. The vitamin C will not only remove the wart but it will also kill any bacteria that may linger.
- Honey. Honey is often the go to remedy for hair and skin problems because of its numerous health properties. It can be used to treat chapped lips, dry and brittle hair, and even heal and soothe damaged skin. And because honey contains antiviral and antibacterial properties, it is also useful when it comes to removing warts safely.
- Garlic. Crushing some garlic and applying on the warts can help treat this skin problem fairly quickly. You need to cover the affected area with bandage or tape with this treatment being repeated until the wart falls off naturally. Just make sure that you apply the garlic only on the wart itself and not on the surrounding skin. The garlic will cause the wart to blister and break eventually.
- Pineapple juice. Pineapple is a tropical fruit that not only refreshes you but can also give your digestion a boost. But did you know that it can also help get rid of warts? The citric acid present in pineapple can actually eat the flesh of the wart until it disappears completely. Applying the juice of the fruit on the wart can cause a stinging sensation which will disappear afterwards.
- Papaya. Another home remedy that they say can treat warts is papaya. Just get some unripe papaya and make shallow cuts on the surface to get the sap that runs out. Let the sap coagulate then mix with some water until you create a paste. Apply the paste on the wart every morning and night to speed up the removal of this offending skin problem.
- Tea tree oil. When it comes to skin problems, don’t forget to use tea tree oil. This essential oil is quite effective in curing skin disorders because of its antiviral as well as antiseptic properties. Applying diluted tea tree oil on the skin can solve oily skin problems and it can also help kill off the warts growing on your skin. Using undiluted tea tree oil is not recommended as it is quite strong but mixing it with carrier oil like almond or olive oil can be rewarding especially when it comes to removing warts.
- Castor oil. Another possible solution to your wart problem is to rub castor oil on the wart. The oil can help moisturize the skin until the wart breaks apart and disappears.
- Baking soda. Baking soda is also another useful remedy when it comes to wart removal. What makes this a good treatment for warts is its antiviral, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties that can kill the bacteria that is causing warts to appear and prevent them from occurring once more.
These are just a few suggested home remedies that many believe are effective when it comes to removing warts. You can try these out especially if you want to remove warts naturally.