An upset stomach can spoil our day but regardless of whether it is caused by constipation, gas, indigestion, or nausea, you need to find a cure for it and fast. Taking medications for an upset stomach can certainly provide you with instant relief but relying too much on it can make you immune to its effects. Fortunately, calming that queasy stomach of yours is possible with the help of natural remedies like the ones below.
- Make rice tea. One remedy to use when you have an upset stomach is to make rice tea. Just boil half a cup of rice in six cups of water for about 15 minutes. Strain the solution then add some sugar or honey before drinking. This will help soothe the turmoil in your belly.
- Drink plenty of water. When you’re suffering from stomach upset, the best thing to do is to drink more water. The water can help your digestive system work smoothly to lessen the pain plus it can prevent dehydration especially when your upset stomach is accompanied by diarrhea.
- Burnt toast. Eating toast can help alleviate the symptoms of a queasy stomach but a burnt toast can work better. The char on the burnt toast can actually absorb the toxins that are making your stomach feel bad. If the taste is putting you off, spread some jelly to make it easier on the taste buds.
- Ginger. Another home remedy that can help you deal with upset stomach is ginger. This spice has been used for ages in treating various digestive disorders including stomach pain. You can chew some ginger after a meal to prevent indigestion. One reason why this spice is perfect for stomach problems is because it boosts secretion of enzymes and saliva that can help you digest your food better. To make a drink out of this, get half a teaspoon of ginger juice and mix with a teaspoon each of mint and lime juice. Add a tablespoon of honey to sweeten. Drink this mixture three times a day to help solve an upset stomach.
- Apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies that you can have at home as it can treat various illnesses from sore throat to hiccups to upset stomach. All that you have to do is to mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of warm water and a tablespoon of honey. Drink this solution to help ease stomach pains and gas. This solution can also alleviate heartburn.
- Nibble on light snacks. Another possible solution to relieve an upset stomach is to eat some light snacks like salad or crackers. This is suitable for those whose queasy stomach is caused by stress since this can make your stomach acidic. Eating crackers can help settle the queasiness so you’ll feel better in no time.
These are just a few examples of home remedies that will help alleviate your stomach woes. Try them out and see which one works best for you.