Women often complain that the excess calories they’re consuming tend to find their way around their hips and thighs. This is not surprising as a woman’s body is designed to store fat in these areas of the body causing that pear-shaped look to appear. On a good note, thigh fat can be burned by using your muscles in this area of your body so that you can get well-toned legs afterwards.
If you want to know how to make your thigh fat disappear, you should try these out.
- Seated pillow squeeze. You should sit on a stable chair with your feet on the floor and knees bent to 90 degrees. You should place a pillow between the thighs. On exhale, squeeze the pillow as if you are trying to remove its stuffing using your thigh muscles. Hold this for a full minute while breathing normally. Release afterwards and repeat.
- Cardio exercises. Another way to burn those stubborn thigh fats is by doing plenty of cardio. Yes, you read that right. Cardio exercises actually help elevate your heart rate so that more blood is pumped into your system. This also causes your metabolism to work over time especially when you choose intense cardio training such as running, biking, jumping jacks, and the like. An added bonus to doing these cardio exercises is that they will help tone your legs in the process too. You should try to aim at least an hour of cardio 5 days a week.
- Seated hand push. You should also try the seated hand push to create resistance in your thigh muscles. Sit down on a chair with your feet flat on the floor and knees bent with palms on either side of your knees. Push your knees inwards with your hands while your knees try to open your legs. Hold this contraction for a minute then release.
- Strength train. It’s true that cardio exercises will help strip that excess layer of fat from your body but while you are doing it, you should also consider doing strength training to really tone your muscles underneath. Choose moves that will sculpt, tone, and strengthen your leg muscles particularly your glutes, hamstrings, calves, inner thighs, and thighs. For sure, you will reveal better looking legs in the process.
- Seated bridge. Sit down on the edge of your chair with your feet on the floor and your knees bent. Position your palms on either side of your seat. Exhale while lifting your hips so that your weight is supported on your palms and feet. Keep lifting your hips until you create a bridge. Hold this position for 20 to 60 seconds while breathing regularly. Go back to your first position.
These are just a few examples of exercises that can help you lose excess fat on your thighs. Doing these steps regularly will help you achieve a more toned and stronger looking legs that you can flaunt anytime.