There is a common misconception that chest workouts are for men alone but women are sure to benefit doing this exercise as it will help get rid of that annoying armpit fat that often bulges when wearing certain styles of clothing which can be quite annoying and embarrassing at the same time. Although there is no way for you to spot reduce armpit fat, working on the muscles within that area can help reduce their appearance significantly. So which weighted chest workout should you do? Here are some to get you started.
- Lying chest fly. Lie down on the floor with your hips and your knees at 90 degrees. Engage your lower abs to press your lower back on the floor. Hold a dumbbell and raise your arms with your elbows slightly bent. Engage your core as you open your arms out to your sides until your elbows are at least two inches from the floor. Raise your arms back to your first position to complete one rep. You should do 10 more.
- Chest press. You can lie down on the floor or a bench for this exercise. Lie back down with a dumbbell in each hand. You should extend your arms above you with your palms facing forward. This will be your starting position. Lower the dumbbells until your lower arms are perpendicular to the floor. Raise the dumbbells once more and squeeze your chest muscles for a second before lowering. Do 12 reps.
- Lateral plank walk. For this exercise, you should go into a plank position with your arms extended and your back straight from your shoulders to your heels. Cross your right hand over your left hand as you step your left foot out to your left. Move your left hand to the left along with your right foot to go back to a plank position. Repeat the steps but going to the opposite direction.
- Dumbbell pull over. Here is another chest exercise that will make you lose those armpit fats. Lie back down on the floor with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Raise the dumbbell over your chest with your hands cupping one end of the weights. Make sure that the dumbbell is perpendicular to your body. Lower the weight over your head while your arms remain extended with your elbows slightly bent. Bring the weight back up and repeat.
- Bent-over reverse fly. Stand straight with your knees bent slightly and a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing out. Your back should remain straight as you bend forward at the hips. Raise both arms out to your sides while maintaining a slight bend in your elbows. Squeeze your shoulder blades then lower your arms back down.
These are just a few examples of chest exercises that will help tone your armpit fat fast. Doing these exercises on top of our fitness routine will ensure that you will have an even looking physique to show off.