It appears that 2017 has plenty in store for us in terms of fitness as fitness gurus and experts have already weighed in on what workout programs are going to be a big hit this coming New Year. This is definitely something to look forward to especially if you are one of those individuals who want to do more for their physique and overall health than the usual exercises that you’ve been doing throughout the year. So which fitness trends are we going to see more this year? Read on to find out more.
- Floatfit. HIIT or high intensity interval training was all the rage this year and it appears that it will still be popular next year but it will change direction as the exercises will now be done on water. Floatfit is one of the predicted fitness trends in 2017 where the HIIT training will be done on an inflatable board on water which will make you work your muscles even more as you try to keep your balance while executing various moves. Not bad, right?
- Wearable technology. Surprisingly, wearable technology will still be a hit next year with companies such as Garmin, Fitbit, and Apple have upped the ante in terms of accuracy and features of their fitness trackers. You will see more wearable technology that can track heart rate, distance traveled, move reminders, and so much more next year.
- Sprint up the stairs. If you’re a fan of Fergy or Jessica Biel then you know that they keep their forms in tip top shape through exercise and one of the workouts that these two swear by is the running steps. Fighting against gravity gives your muscles a more challenging resistance that will help build up your calves, glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
- Body weight training. Bodyweight training won’t disappear any time soon as it is one of the most effective and cheapest ways of losing weight and toning muscles. From squats, to lunges, to planks, and others, there are plenty of choices for you to try out.
- Boxing. In 2017, group exercise classes will still be popular with more programs going back to the basics. Boxing is one of the more classic workouts that is gaining popularity once more but the good news is that there are more challenges waiting for you such as the boxerina where the training program is a combination of barre and boxing for better flexibility and strength.
- Digital workouts. Another fitness trend that will still be a hit in 2017 is the digital workout. As the name suggests, fitness videos that you can find in YouTube or other streaming channels can be incorporated into your workout routine so there is no need to go anywhere else just to work out. The best part about this kind of workout is that gyms and other fitness experts are using this technology to reach as many fitness enthusiasts out there so you can be up to date on all the latest exercises which you can do in the comforts of your own home. It’s as if you have your own personal trainer with you at all times.
With all these exciting fitness trends for 2017, there is simply no reason for you not to get moving. Tone those muscles and ditch the fat in your midsection, thighs, and hips and make your 2017 be the year to improving yourself. Maintaining your overall fitness may be challenging but it doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy the process with all these fitness options available.