In this day and age, being stressed is a commonplace. Just because it’s something shared by most doesn’t mean that you should take no action to keep it at bay. According to medical experts, leaving stress unmanaged can eventually cause various health problems, and many of them can be very serious.
Fortunately, there are many ways to combat stress. One of the simplest and most effective methods out there is the use of essential oils. There are numerous stress-busting essential oils around. Similarly, there are a variety of ways to employ essential oils to help you feel relaxed.
You can use the essential oil of your choice to combat stress by:
- Taking a whiff of it. One of the quickest ways to benefit from the stress-reducing properties of an essential oil is by taking deep breaths of air with its fragrance mixed into it. You can do this by uncapping the bottle and taking it under your nose.
- Bringing its scent with you. There is no need for a small bottle of essential oil to be in your bag all the time. You may simply place a few drops of it in your handkerchief so that you have access to it all day long and conveniently. You may also add essential oil to a cotton pad sealed in a small Ziploc.
- Adding it to your bathwater. Just a few drops of your favorite stress-eliminating essential oil in your bathwater can help relax both your body and mind. It’s like going to a day spa but without the steep cost!
- Warm showering with it. If taking warm showers is your thing, there’s a wonderful way to utilize it in lowering your stress levels, of course with the help of an essential oil. Let hot shower run for a few seconds to fill the bathroom with steam. Switch to warm water and stay under it. Cover the shower drain with your foot and add a few drops of the essential oil of your choice on the floor. Take deep breaths for a few seconds.
- Using it as massage oil. Who doesn’t love getting a massage? You can combat stress more effectively by adding 2 to 3 drops of your preferred stress-busting essential oil to the carrier oil of your choice, and have the mixture used as massage oil.
- Filling the air with its fragrance. Investing in a diffuser is a great idea if you love to fill your room with the smell of an essential oil that can help reduce stress.
As you can see, you can count on essential oil in combating stress in wide variety of ways. So which essential oils are the best for making your mind and body relax at the end of a busy day? Here are some of them:
- Ylang ylang