Most of us rely on medicine to help treat various sickness but constant usage of such products can increase our tolerance and can lead to higher dosages in the future. This is not really ideal to one’s health as some medications may have some side effects in the long run. The good news that you don’t really need to use medicine too often because there are alternative treatments that you can take advantage of and many of them can be found in your kitchen as well as your garden.
Here are five of the best kitchen healers that you should keep in mind the next time you’re not feeling well.
- Turmeric. This kitchen healer may resemble ginger but the inside of this root is actually bright yellow-orange in color where you will find curcumin which is the main ingredient of this spice. What’s great about turmeric is that it has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties. It can soothe any inflammation while combating germs and viruses that are present in your body. The antioxidants that it contains will be able to combat free radicals so you will be well protected against common ailments.
- Baking soda. You’ve probably heard about the amazing benefits and uses of baking soda which is why this should definitely be included in this list of best kitchen healers. Baking soda can be used to give your hair and scalp a deep clean especially when you’ve been using too much hair products. You can also rub some under your armpits to help kill the foul smell there.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon is another kitchen healer that has the highest amount of antioxidants. Using this spice can help regulate your blood sugar which is important to those with diabetes. It is also known to reduce cholesterol levels to protect you against various cardiovascular problems. And if you are trying to reduce belly fat, you should also use cinnamon to achieve your goals.
- Garlic. Garlic is also another kitchen healer that you should incorporate in your cooking as it is packed with antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can combat common illnesses like cough and colds. It can also be used to treat wounds and can help detoxify your body. Crush some garlic cloves and add them to your cooking or, if you can manage, chew on a clove to combat tooth pain. You can also crush some garlic and apply on wounds to remove bacteria that may be present in them.
- Holy basil. This is another useful kitchen healer that you need to have in your space as it is effective in combating stress and reducing one’s blood sugar levels. Holy basil is one of the best sources of calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, and beta-carotene just to name a few. Using this herb not only combats stress but it can also enhance your immune system so you won’t be susceptible to common illnesses.
These are just a few of the best kitchen healers that you should really take advantage of as they have some amazing benefits when it comes to your overall health.