Do you have fever and wish that you could deal with it without the need to take paracetamol every 4 to 6 hours? Then keep on reading. This article will get you introduced to herbal teas that are known to help naturally reduce fever.
There are a few reasons why various herbal teas can help to provide much-needed relief from fever:
- Consuming herbal teas increases the body’s hydration levels — keeping the body hydrated properly is important for regulating the core temperature.
- Some herbal teas have amazing cooling properties that facilitate the lowering of one’s temperature and also help to make the individual feel so much better.
- Powerful compounds found abundantly in herbal teas have the ability to strengthen the immune system — the presence of fever is a telltale sign that the body is trying hard to deal with an infection.
- Certain herbal teas have the ability to encourage a good night’s sleep, and it’s no secret that having plenty of shut-eye is vital for keeping the immune system in tip-top shape.
- Many herbal teas encourage elimination of toxins and waste materials by means of increased sweating, which is also the body’s own way to have its core temperature lowered.
Now that you know some of the reasons why the intake of herbal teas can help to deal with fever, let’s now take a look at some of those that you may brew and consume each time you have fever and you wish to reduce it without popping paracetamol in your mouth:
It’s common knowledge that ginger tea is a wonderful home remedy for indigestion, nausea and vomiting. Did you know that you may also consume a cup of it whenever you have fever? It’s because ginger tea helps to fight off an infection and also inflammation, plus it has immune-boosting abilities.
Just like ginger tea, peppermint tea is a phenomenal all-natural solution for a number of digestive concerns. And similar to ginger tea, it can also help to lower fever by dealing with an infection. According to scientists, peppermint tea is very good at driving away fever due to the fact that it possesses cooling properties.
Thanks to its ability to lower your core body temperature by means of its cooling properties, regularly reaching for and sipping a cup of eucalyptus tea can help to bring down your fever without the need for you to rely on paracetamol.
Chewing gums and all kinds of dental care products have an unmistakable minty flavor to them because of added spearmint. Needless to say, you may count on spearmint tea if you wish to attain relief from fever in a way that’s completely natural and free of any unfavorable side effects.
According to scientists, the reason why basil tea can help to lower your body temperature and thus bring down your fever is that it encourages sweating. Just like what’s mentioned earlier in this article, your body triggers sweating in order for it to be able to regulate its core temperature.
Cannot seem to get your hands on basil tea after stepping foot inside one local herbal store after the other? Worry not because you may also count on thistle tea. Just like basil tea, this particular herbal beverage can help to drive away fever by encouraging lowered temperature through increased sweating.
Everyone is well-aware of the fact that chamomile tea is an excellent home remedy for insomnia, stress and anxiety. Did you know that it’s also something that can help to reduce fever? Especially if your nighttime fever is keeping you from enjoying a trip to dreamland, it’s a good idea for you to have a cup of freshly-brewed chamomile tea.