Is your home smelling a bit funky? Most of us tend to use air fresheners to banish the smell in our home especiall around the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom but did you know that you don’t have to spread chemicals all over your abode just to make it smell awesome? As a matter of fact, you can make your home smell fresh naturally. Here are a few ideas that you should try.
- Simmer pot. One way to banish the dank and funky smell in your home is through a simmer pot. As the name suggests, the simmer pot is where you put fresh ingredients like apple, cinnamon, and other fresh smelling scents that you want for your home. The heat will disperse their natural scent plus it will help keep your space warm too.
- Deodorize carpets. Another way to make your house smell great is by deodorizing your carpet. All that you have to do is to mix spices, borax, and baking soda in a bowl then shake it over the carpet. Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes then vacuum after. This will help get rid of any smell that is sticking to your carpet.
- DIY potpourri. Fresh flowers certainly brightens a room but before you toss them in the garbage can once they start to turn bad, just dry them out and make your own DIY potpourri. Drying the flowers out will help make your home smell good in no time.
- Baking soda jars. Here’s another great idea to make your home or even your car smell fresh. Just add half a cup of baking soda in a small mason jar then add about four to six drops of your choice of essential oil then punch holes on the lid of the jar and you’re done. Place your baking soda jar anywhere you like to help get rid of the bad smell. You only need to refresh the jars with four to six drops of your choice of essential oil and that’s it.
- Tussie-mussie. Do you feel the need to head out to a spa for that much needed rest and relaxation? Well, if you don’t have the budget for it, you can always make your own DIY spa. Just hang some eucalyptus bunch over your shower head and let its scent soothe your stress away while taking a hot shower. For sure you will feel great afterwards without even spending anything.
- Flowers. Adding flowers in your home is also another way to banish the foul smell plus they can actually make your space prettier to look at too. There are several kinds of flowers that can dispel the smell such as peace lillies, orchids, and the like.
These are just a few steps on how you can make your home smell amazing without having to use commercial sprays. What’s great about these choices is that you can make them any time you want to plus they are quite safe to use.