Are you fascinated with the many health perks of apple cider vinegar? Then you will surely be delighted that you have come across this article — it will teach you how to make the so-called fire cider!
Make sure that you repost this later on before you go so that your family members and friends who wish to deal with a lot of their everyday health- and beauty-related issues with the help of apple cider vinegar may also be able to check out the amazing perks of fire cider and how to make it from scratch.
Put simply, fire cider is a tonic revered for its ability to boost the immune system.
It is referred to it as such because it is made from apple cider vinegar combined with all kinds of herbs and spices, many of which are very hot.
Worry not if you’re not fond of anything that’s hot because fire cider comes mixed with honey in order to balance out the overall taste. You will surely love the way fire cider tastes as it’s bursting with a wide variety of pleasing flavors!
But it’s not just its taste that will leave you in awe — fire cider is something that can protect you from the cold and flu, or keep your bout of it very short.
Here’s the recipe:
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium lemon (juice)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (chopped)
- 10 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 cup of grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup of grated horseradish root
- 1/4 cup of honey (raw)
- In a glass jar, place all of the ingredients.
- Fill the glass jar with apple cider vinegar. Make sure that you use organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Put a small piece of parchment paper on the lid and cover. Shake the jar very well to mix all of the ingredients.
- Keep the jar in a cool and dry place for about 2 weeks. Don’t forget to shake the jar for a few seconds on a daily basis.
- After 2 weeks, strain using a piece of cheesecloth or mesh strainer. Discard the solids.
That’s how you make fire cider from scratch! It may take a couple of weeks to whip it up in your very own kitchen, but at least the steps are super simple.
To consume your homemade fire cider, all you need to do is take 1 to 2 tablespoons of it as needed.
Got no time to wait for 2 long weeks? If you wish to have a bolstered immune system right this instant because you are not feeling well or everyone around you seems to be down with the cold or flu, you’ll be more than glad to know that there’s actually a quick way to make a shot of fire cider. Check out these very easy steps:
- In a cup, place 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Squeeze into it the juice of an entire lemon and also half an orange.
- Finely grate fresh garlic until you end up with 2 teaspoons of it.
- Finely grate fresh ginger root until you have 1 tablespoon of it.
- Add grated garlic and ginger root to the mix.
- Dissolve 1/4 turmeric powder and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper into it.
- Stir in 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
- Allow to sit for an hour, strain and consume.
Feel free to come back to this site and share your experience with your homemade fire cider (traditional or shortened version) in the comments section below to give everyone an idea on its taste and its power to make your immune system strong!