Being stressed every now and then is perfectly fine. However, it’s an entirely different story if you are stressed perpetually — doctors say that it’s something that can endanger your health sooner or later.
Looking for a new way to deal with stress? Then this article is written especially for you. That’s because it will teach you how to make aromatherapy play dough in your very own kitchen. It will surely work because it’s added with lavender essential oil, which is something that can relax not only your mind but also your body.
Before you check out the recipe, take a look at these reasons why it’s a good idea for you to make aromatherapy play dough and use it, too:
It helps reduce your stress levels
You can think of aromatherapy play dough as a stress ball, except that it’s more fun and interesting to use each time.
It helps fend off anxiety
Millions are suffering from anxiety today. If you’re one of those who like to deal with it drug-free, one of the steps that you may take is play with play dough that boasts of a relaxing aroma.
It helps lower the blood pressure
It’s common knowledge that one of the many risk factors for deadly heart disease is high blood pressure, and that’s why it’s something that you should fend off.
It helps you get a good night’s sleep
Can’t fall asleep? Rather than use your phone that emits insomnia-causing blue light, reach for aromatherapy play dough — its lavender scent can help you catch some Z’s.
Now that you know that the use of aromatherapy play dough is beneficial most especially for a very busy individual like you, it’s time to learn how to make it from scratch. Read on to check out the simple recipe!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 10 drops of therapeutic-grade lavender essential oil
- a few drops of food coloring
- In a small saucepan, place all of the dry ingredients — all-purpose flour, salt and cream of tartar. Mix very well with a wooden spoon.
- Add water and olive oil, and then mix all of the ingredients very well.
- While mixing, add food coloring drop by drop — the more food coloring you add, the darker the resulting aromatherapy play dough.
- Using medium heat, heat up the mixture. Keep on stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes really clumpy.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your countertop. Carefully transfer the play dough on the parchment paper and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Once it’s no longer scalding hot, start kneading the play dough for a few minutes.
- Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil and keep on kneading the play dough.
That’s how simple it is to make your very own aromatherapy play dough!
The next time you make another one, feel free to add less or more therapeutic-grade lavender essential oil — depending on your stress levels or personal preference.
Did you know that you can use a different essential oil? Some wonderful examples are:
- Clary sage
- Lemon balm
- Ylang ylang
All of these essential oils have stress-reducing properties just like lavender essential oil, and that’s why you may also use any one of them (or a combination of some!) for making your DIY aromatherapy play dough.
Before you go, don’t forget to repost this article so that your stressed family members and friends may also be able to make their own aromatherapy play dough.