Eating too fast and too much can cause gas to build up in our tummy making it look bloated. This can also entail stomach pains too if you are not too careful. Getting rid of stomach gas can be done with a few exercises so if you are bothered by this problem, you should try the following workouts to ease the gas.
- Walking. Believe it or not, walking can help you get rid of gas in your tummy. Doctors often recommend their patients who have undergone C-section or surgery in their stomach to get up and walk around as often as possible to help eliminate gas buildup. The more you remain inactive, the painful it will be so get up and get walking.
- Kneeling Stretch. Another way to relieve gas from your tummy is by putting pressure on it. The more pressure you put on it, the better your body will be able to dispel gas. Stretching is also useful as it helps your muscle relax. For this exercise, you should start by kneeling. Make sure your hips touch your feet. Carry on by bending forward with your hands over your head. Feel your stomach pressing against your thighs. This pose is similar to that of child’s pose in yoga.
- Pawanmuktasana. This is a yoga pose which is also referred to as the Wind Relieving Pose because it helps you get rid of excess gas in your belly. To do this pose, you should lie down on the floor on your back. Bring your left knee towards your chest and grasp it with both hands. Hold this for a few counts then release. Repeat the steps with your right leg. Afterwards, bring both knees toward your chest and grasp them with your hands. Hold this pose for a few seconds then release.
- Camel-Cat Stretch. This exercise helps you to stretch your tummy to ease the gas buildup there. Go on all fours first then arch your back as you tuck your head underneath you. Hold this pose for ten seconds then release. Afterwards, round your belly so that it will be close to the floor with your head raised towards the ceiling. Again, hold this pose for ten seconds before releasing. Keep repeating this exercise until you feel better.
- Crunches. Don’t dismiss crunches from your fitness program just yet as this exercise can help you get rid of stomach gas efficiently. Start by lying down on your back on the floor with your knees bent at 45 degrees. Make sure to put your hands at the back of your ears. Raise your head and shoulders off the floor then slowly bend towards your knees. Go back to your first position and repeat.
These are just a few examples on how you can remove excess gas in your belly. What’s great about these exercises is that they can be done in the comforts of your own home any time you want to. For sure you won’t have any problems with stomach gas any time soon.