If you’ve seen the show, The Biggest Loser, you probably have an idea on the challenges faced by the contestants as they struggle to lose as much pounds as they can muster in a year to be crowned the Biggest Loser. Each contestant’s weight loss journey speaks of their desire to get back to their desired weight and back to achieving a healthier lifestyle where they are not often at risk of suffering from various health problems like heart problems, injuries, and the like.
From the journey of a Biggest Loser contestant, you can glean several weight loss tips that can be applied to your own life so that not only will you be able to lose weight but keep it from coming back. Here are six weight loss tips to get you started.
- Go for walks. The first step to losing weight is to start becoming active and one of the simplest ways to do this is to go out for a walk. Walking is an activity that we often do so this won’t be hard to stick to. Going for walks at least twice in a day can help elevate your heart rate so you can give your metabolism a boost.
- Train your brain. It’s not unusual for you to say the words “I can’t” on various occasions but if you keep saying it constantly regardless of whatever task needs to be done, you won’t be able to do anything at all. Training your brain into saying “I can” rather than “I can’t” can have a huge impact on how you perceive your life as well as your goal of losing weight. It doesn’t have to be all of a sudden. Count the number of times you say to yourself that you can’t do it then try to reduce the number of times by one until you start saying I can.
- List your victories. We often do something courageous but most of the time, we fail to notice what we have accomplished so far. A good way to remind yourself of the victories that you have gained is by recording at least three accomplishments every day. In six months you will see how far you’ve gone particularly when it comes to your weight loss goals. Every little victory goes a long way especially when you see how much you’ve accomplished already.
- Talk to someone. There are a lot of people who find their resolution to stick to their weight loss plan wavering from time to time. Resisting the urge to binge eat is quite difficult for some which is why if you find yourself hankering for a calorie laden snack, go and call someone instead. Talking can help get your mind off food which means that your cravings will surely pass once you get in touch with a friend or family.
- Skip the fast-food chains. One reason why our weight tends to go on the heavy side is because of the types of food that we eat. Processed foods that are laden with salt and sugar can cause your calorie intake to spike making it difficult for you to lose weight. A good tip to stop this from happening is that you reduce the number of times you eat in a fast-food joint. Instead, buy a healthier meal whether it is a rotisserie chicken or salad meal where you can get nutrients.
- Increase your workout intensity. Of course, when it comes to losing weight, it pays to do interval training to help get your heart rate up. Even if you exercise for 30 minutes but do interval training, you can burn quite a lot of calories during and after your session.