Smoothies are one of the fastest ways to get your much needed nutrients into your system. Most have this for breakfast while others take it with them when they work out to help replenish the liquids in their body and to beat back muscle fatigue. But did you know that kids can also enjoy this drink from time to time and you won’t even feel hassled when making them.
It’s true that some kids just don’t like eating fruits in the morning or even as snacks as they prefer to eat chips and sweets. But with this drink, your child will be encouraged to have this delicious beverage especially when you let them help you make one. Like it was mentioned before, making smoothies shouldn’t be that difficult so here are some easy recipes to make for your little ones.
- Banana split smoothie. This smoothie is a perfect way to start your kids’ day. You will need to prepare 2 cups of frozen strawberries, 1 cup of low fat chocolate milk, 1 frozen banana, and ¾ cup of plain Greek yogurt. Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until you achieve the desired texture. Pour on a glass and serve.
- Spinach apple smoothie. How about some vegetable and fruit in a glass? Even if your kids are not that fond of spinach, you can still serve it to them with bananas and apples to disguise the flavour. For this recipe, you will need a cup of chopped spinach leaves, ½ apple peeled and chopped, a tub of vanilla yogurt, 1 ripe banana, and a cup of seedless grapes. Remove the peel of the banana and slice. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend for two minutes. Transfer the smoothie into another glass and serve.
- Sunshine smoothie. If you are looking for a refreshing drink for your kid’s breakfast, how about making a sunshine smoothie? You will need ½ cup of orange juice, ¾ cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, ½ cup of baby carrots, 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks, and ½ cup of frozen mango chunks. Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend for a few minutes. Pour the smoothie in a cup or glass and serve for breakfast.
- Papaya smoothie. The papaya smoothie is another excellent choice for kids because it contains plenty of vitamins A and C as well as calcium, potassium, and magnesium. You need to prepare a cup of low fat yogurt, a teaspoon of coconut extract, 1 papaya, peeled and diced, half a cup of pineapple chunks, a teaspoon of flax seeds, and crushed ice. Combine all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency. Serve afterwards.
- Very berry smoothie. Another easy recipe for a healthy smoothie is the very berry smoothie. What you will need are a cup of low fat yogurt, ½ cup of crushed ice, a cup of fresh or frozen berries, and 2 small bananas. Put the bananas, yogurt, ice, and berries in the blender and blend for a minute or two until you reach the right consistency. Serve afterwards.
- Banana smoothie. This no fuss smoothie is packed with potassium and other essential nutrients that your kids will need for better development. You will need a cup of low fat milk, water, cinnamon powder, 2 bananas, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and ice cubes. Blend the banana and milk together until the fruit has been sliced. Add water and brown sugar then blend again for 10 seconds. Add the ice if you want then blend. Finish it off with a dusting of cinnamon powder before serving.