Healing our body from any ailments doesn’t have to mean using medications like antibiotics, creams, and the like all the time because we develop resistance to them. Too much usage of medications will make our body used to the dosage and that you will need a higher dose sooner or later for it to work. What’s more, you will have to deal with side effects too if you are not too careful with what medications you take. Fortunately, you can heal the more common health problems using ingredients found in your kitchen such as:
- Baking soda. This is one kitchen ingredient that you should always have on hand as it has many benefits for you starting with whitening your teeth, deep cleaning your skin and scalp, and even be used as a natural deodorant. You can mix the baking soda with a small amount of water to create a paste then apply on your face and scalp to cleanse the area thoroughly or, if your armpits smell bad, rub some of the powder in the area to eliminate the odor.
- Cayenne pepper. Spices like cayenne are also considered as natural healers as the capsaicin present in the pepper can help deal with inflammation while increasing the antioxidants present in your body to combat free radicals from damaging your skin. Plus, it will speed up your metabolism so that you will be able to burn more calories in the process.
- Lemon. Another kitchen healer that will do wonders to your health is lemon. Lemon is known to assist the body in getting rid of any toxins that have accumulated inside for some time plus, it can improve your digestion so that you will be able to absorb nutrients more efficiently. Another benefit to using lemon is that it can help lighten scars and dark patches of skin.
- Sage. Sage is one type of herb that you need to have in your kitchen as this herb can help protect your brain from various illnesses like Alzheimer’s and the like. Other uses of this herb include clearing your sore throat, improving memory, and making your soups and other dishes taste great.
- Coconut. If you have some coconut on hand, then you’re in luck as this ingredient actually has many health benefits and uses. For starters, coconut oil can promote better hair growth while its milk can be used to nourish the skin. You can also use it to moisturize dry skin and even soften feet especially in areas that have developed calluses over time.
- Ginger. Ginger is another kitchen ingredient that is considered to be a natural healer, and why not? It has been used to heal many illnesses such as headache, nausea, menstrual cramps, and even poor digestion. You can make some ginger tea to sip the entire day to help ease the pains and aches that you are feeling.