First impressions last because how others perceive you initially will play a part on how they evaluate you in their minds. Aside from dressing up properly and conducting yourself as a professional, it is also important that you show others how neat you are from the way you style your hair all the way to your nails. Some may say that keeping your nails in good health will be a tedious job but it’s actually not. You just need to keep a few tips and tricks in mind to maintain the beauty of your nails all the time.
What does it take for you to keep your nails beautiful? Here are some tips that you should try out.
- Moisturize your nails. Women often apply moisturizer whenever they wash their face but how come we don’t do the same thing when we wash our hands? A good way to ensure that your hands and nails are soft is to bring a small hand moisturizer with you wherever you go. This way, you will remember to give your nails the care they need so they won’t break easily.
- Go for health rather than length. It’s nice to have long nails as they can make your hands look dainty but if you are prone to catching your nails on your clothes or even breakage, it would be better to keep them short and rounded for starters. This nail style is easier to maintain and can make it easier for you to build up their strength so that by the time you decide to grow them longer, they won’t be breaking quickly.
- Get enough nutrients. Your nails can be a good indicator of your current health. If your nails are prone to breakage, chances are you are not getting enough nutrients in your body. Keep in mind that what you eat plays a role on your overall health including your nails so why not add more vegetables and fruits to your daily diet or if you’re still not keen on eating greens, choose supplements that can provide you with the right kinds of vitamins?
- Don’t cut your cuticles. Most women tend to cut or remove their cuticles whenever they clean their nails. This is a habit that you need to break as removing or cutting your cuticles can actually make your nails more vulnerable to infection. Instead of cutting your cuticles, it’s better to push the cuticle back with an orange wooden stick after you take a bath or shower. Apply hand lotion or cuticle cream afterwards.
- Apply base coat. Dressing up your nails with manicure at home shouldn’t be an excuse to skip the base coat. The base coat is important to prevent stains on your nails once you apply the color plus it can give the color a nice hue. You can apply a gloss after every layer to give your nails a nice sheen.
- Protect your hands when you do chores. Women during the 1950s often wear gloves when they’re washing dishes or doing the laundry and although you might find this comical in these times, they are actually doing it right when it comes to nail care. Wearing gloves can actually prevent any harsh chemicals from your detergent or other washing products to damage your skin and your nails every time you wash. So the next time you find yourself in the grocery, get yourself a pair of gloves to protect your hands and nails.
These are just a few tips on how you can care for your nails on a regular basis. By practicing proper nail care, you won’t have to worry about breakage or nail infections any time soon.