Bone broth is starting to get noticed in many health circles as it appears to be a useful treatment for those with leaky gut syndrome. This broth is basically made up of animal bones that has been left simmering for 8 hours or so. You can add other ingredients to the broth such as herbs and spices to make it more flavorful if you like. So what is it exactly about bone broth that makes it a good choice when it comes to leaky gut?
- It heals and seals your gut. Drinking a cup of bone broth per day can actually help not just those with leaky guts but those that don’t have this problem too. This is because the gelatin found in the broth can actually seal any holes present in your intestines thus treating chronic constipation, diarrhea, or even food intolerances.
- It can make your bones strong. When you drink bone broth, you are actually absorbing important minerals that can aid in repairing and growing your bones. Among these minerals are calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium all of which contribute to having sturdy bones.
- It makes you look younger. Another plus to drinking bone broth is that it actually makes you younger than your years. One reason behind this is that bone broth is one of the best sources of collagen. Collagen is one of the key ingredients used in manufacturing “plumping” products that are being sold today. So instead of getting collagen injections, just sip bone broth soup to get collagen on the inside. The best part is that your hair, skin, and even your nails will look amazing.
- It minimizes joint pain. If you are experiencing joint pain, you might want to sip some bone broth because of the glucosamine that it contains. This particular compound can increase collagen production which in turn can repair damages to your joints while promoting health joints in the process.
- It enhances your immune system. Thanks to the bone broth’s high amounts of minerals, your immune system becomes stronger in the process. Those who are suffering from auto-immune issues found that drinking bone broth actually helped alleviate the symptoms.
- It helps calm the mind. If your mind is becoming clouded with all these scenarios playing in your head or because of too much stress, drinking some bone broth will help calm your nerves and your mind too. This is because bone broth has plenty of amino acids that can produce a calming effect.
- It increases the nutrients in your body. Another reason why you should include bone broth in your diet is because it can increase the amount of nutrients that you have in your body. Because you are letting the bones simmer in water for hours, they are actually releasing all the nutrients that they contain from collagen, calcium, potassium, gelatin, magnesium, and even phosphorus for that matter. This, in turn, prevents nutritional deficiencies which is essential to your overall health.