You’re probably one of the millions of people all over the world who spends their money on anti-aging products that you see in groceries and skin care boutiques. This is not really surprising as these products contain ingredients that can help firm up your sagging skin that can banish those lines and wrinkles fast. However, not all of the skin creams and lotions that we see today are made up of healthy ingredients. As a matter of fact, some even contain chemical compounds that can have the opposite effect on our skin.
The good news is that there are ways in which you can keep your skin looking young and healthy without even using those anti-aging serums and creams being sold today. Here are some safe anti-aging treatments that you can use:
- Get your beauty sleep. It’s easy enough for us to forego sleep these days especially when you have tons of things to do at work, your business, or your personal life. Unfortunately, lack of sleep can cause bags under your eyes to appear, sagging skin, dull complexion, and even cane breakout. Beauty experts recommend that you get at least 7 hours of sleep every day so that your body gets to repair itself.
- Apply sunscreen. Sunscreen is not just for the beach only but for everyday use. Our skin needs protection against the UV rays being emitted by the sun and if you are not wearing any sunscreen your skin can actually feel the effects of too much exposure to the sun’s rays. Among the numerous side effects include darkened skin, wrinkles forming, as well as dryness. Applying sunscreen every time you step out of the house can minimize the effects of the sun.
- Drink plenty of water. Another anti-aging treatment that you shouldn’t forget is to drink water constantly. Our body is made up of more than 50% water and when this level goes down, we become dehydrated which can be detrimental to our skin’s health. Without proper hydration, our skin becomes dry and wrinkly and prone to signs of aging. Make it a point to drink up to 8 glasses of water per day or more depending on how active you are. If you are doing intense workouts, you can increase your water intake up to 10 glasses of water per day to replenish your store of water.
- Rice milk cleanser. The Japanese often use rice as part of their beauty regimen as it not only softens their skin but it can also exfoliate dead skin cells. You can soften rice with water but rice milk is highly recommended because of the calcium and vitamin A that it contains. For this cleanser, you will need 2 to 3 tablespoons of unsweetened organic rice milk and ¼ cup of brown rice. Combine the brown rice flour with the organic rice milk to create a paste. Massage the mixture onto your skin in a circular motion. Be gentle in massaging your skin. Rinse afterwards using tepid water and finish it up with toner and moisturizer.
- Eat healthy. Another anti-aging treatment that you can do to keep your skin young and healthy is to change your diet into whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meat, nuts, and seeds. One reason behind this is that these ingredients come with vitamins and minerals as well as other essential fatty acids that play an important role in keeping aging at bay. By avoiding foods that have high fat, sugar, and salt content, you’ll be able to maintain that youthful look you’ve always wanted.