If you are going to take a closer look at healthy diets, you will find that most of them recommend adding lean meats to your meals. One reason behind this is that lean meat contains less dietary fat making it a good option for those who want to manage or lose weight. Aside from this, lean meats like chicken, turkey, as well as fish can also reduce your risk of falling including keeping your hair and nails shiny and healthy. Let’s go deeper into these health benefits so you will know why eating lean meat comes highly recommended.
- It’s perfect for your weight loss goals. As it was mentioned before, lean meats can aid in weight loss and it appears that there are several ways in which it helps. For starters, lean meat has high amounts of protein where each gram of protein only contains 4 calories. This means that when you eat lean meat, you are actually consuming a low-calorie food which prevents weight gain. Also, since you are eating protein, you are helping increase your muscle mass which also promotes better metabolism which eliminates excess fat.
- It is high in iron. Iron plays an important role in our health as it is the one that helps maintain healthy cells in our body as well as boost oxygen delivery through our blood. When we don’t have sufficient iron in our blood, we won’t be able to function normally because we get tired easily. This in turn makes us gain weight. Adding lean meat, however, can give us regular amounts of iron that ensures that we have enough energy to stay active throughout the day and our metabolism working continuously.
- It minimizes falls. Since you are building adequate amounts of muscle mass, you can keep your body balanced as you move. The elderly and some adults are prone to tripping and falling because their muscles are already weak. However, this can be remedies by adding lean meat to their diet to help promote muscle growth as well as developing new muscles.
- It has less saturated fat. Saturated fat is one type of fat that you shouldn’t eat too much as it can have adverse effects on your health. Although lean meat is not devoid of this fat, it contains miniscule amounts that won’t give you too much trouble when you eat it.
- You can maintain healthy and shiny hair and nails. Like it was mentioned before, eating lean meat can also promote healthy hair and nails. The abundance of protein in lean meat can provide your hair and nails the essential nutrients they need to remain strong and healthy and less prone to breakage.
As you can see, lean meat certainly has a lot to offer you in terms of health benefits. Avoiding dark meat as much as possible and choosing leaner cuts like turkey, chicken breast, and even fish will give your overall health a boost in the right direction.