Our body needs to be detoxified every now and then to help purge any toxins that have accumulated while at the same time helping your organs to rest and recuperate so that they will be working in their peak condition afterwards. Most of us would opt for supplements to help get rid of any free radicals and toxic build up but instead of relying on these chemically treated supplements, going for a natural approach can save you a lot of money in the process while getting the best results.
For those who want to help their body return to its peak condition, here are 8 cleansing foods to try.
- Avocado. This fruit is a good source of monounsaturated fats that can help regulate your cardiovascular system as well as glutathione which is a compound that reduce the absorption of fats in the intestines so there will be less oxidative damage. What’s more, avocados can aid in clearing up a path to the liver for detoxification purposes.
- Garlic. If you are looking for the best detoxifying food out there, Garlic definitely fits the bill as this pungent bulb can actually boost the detoxification enzymes in your liver so that any toxic substances get filtered out. Add some garlic to your meal and help your liver do its work.
- Beet.This deep red colored veggie should go into your list of detox foods as it contains fungicidal and anti-inflammatory properties. The Betalains that are present in Beets can help with improving your cells’ structure, as well as with regeneration and repair particularly in the liver. The liver is the one responsible for detoxifying any toxic substances that are found in the food that you eat.
- Orange, lime, and lemon. Citrus fruits are worth incorporating into your daily diet as they are good for detoxifying the body. Aside from flushing any free radicals and toxins in the body, these citrus fruits can help give your liver a boost so that it will function better. Make it a habit to drink a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning to jumpstart your liver. Keep in mind that when it comes to detoxifying, you should increase your intake of foods that contain high amounts of vitamin C as they can transform any toxins into materials that can be digested easily.
- Dill. This herb is another must have in the kitchen as it contains plenty of vitamins as well as anti-inflammatory properties. There are certain chemicals found in Dill that can activate glutathione which is a type of antioxidant found in the liver that can attach itself to any free radicals and dissolve them.
- Kale. Green leafy vegetables like kale is a good choice when it comes to cleansing your body as it contains plenty of glutathione which plays a significant role in detoxifying your body particularly in the liver. Most vegetables contain fiber which can improve your gut so that there won’t be any blockages or slowing down of your digestive system.
- Yogurt. When it comes to cleansing your systems, yogurt should make an appearance in your list. The probiotics present in yogurt can make your gut environment better so that you won’t have any trouble digesting your food.
- Fennel. Similar to dill, fennel contains anti-inflammatory properties and is considered as a good source of vitamin C. Add to this the fact that fennel contains plenty of fiber and you will have no problems cleansing your digestive system in no time.
With these cleansing foods on hand, you’ll be able to help your digestive system work properly to improve your overall health.