In these times, what with the amount of stress that we are exposed to and the unhealthy diet that we are following, poor digestion has already become part of our daily lives. For the most part, indigestion can be quite inconvenient and embarrassing to boot, but there are times when this can cause pain as well. Fortunately, there are some tricks that will help you deal with this such as adding some natural ingredients to your drinking water to improve your digestion.
- Apple cider vinegar. Adding apple cider vinegar to your water not only improves your digestion but can also help eliminate toxins from your body as well as enhance your metabolism. Two to three tablespoons of this vinegar can have a significant improvement to your overall digestion plus it will help regulate the pH levels in your system too.
- Cucumber. Another ingredient that will be a good addition to your water is cucumber. Adding slices of cukes to your drink can help deliver a decent amount of fiber to your digestive system to help move things along. Drinking this solution will not only improve your digestion but also prevent you from suffering from digestive problems like diarrhea or constipation just to name a few.
- Mint. Fresh mint leaves are also worth adding to your water when it comes to treating poor digestion. What this solution can do is to improve the flow of bile and to boost saliva production. Also, drinking fresh mint can encourage your digestive system to produce more enzymes to break down food so that your body can absorb the nutrients easily. Another plus to this solution is that can soothe an upset stomach.
- Cinnamon. If you are suffering from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome, you’re in luck because adding cinnamon sticks can help treat this problem and fast. The cinnamon can get rid of any bacteria that may be trapped in your gut that is causing IBS while speeding up the healing process in your GI tract.
- Lemon. Another useful ingredient that can aid your digestion is lemon. The vitamin C present in this fruit can make you produce more digestive enzymes which is needed to break down the contents of your stomach properly. You can either slice some lemon and add them to your water or squeeze the juice from the lemon.
As you can see, making small changes to your drink can actually improve your digestion better than taking any medications. What’s even better is that these ingredients are all natural which means that they won’t cause any side effects when taken. Try any of these solutions and see which one works best for you.