Having full and firm cheeks can definitely make you look younger. On the other hand, having saggy cheeks can cause you to look so much older than your age due to the fact that it can exaggerate those deep lines that run from the sides of your nose to the corners of your mouth. Definitely unflattering!
Undergoing risky surgery, opting for expensive facials and purchasing pricey anti-aging products are not the only fixes for those sagging cheeks of yours. Did you know that there are certain exercises that you may perform at home, in the office or while on your way to the supermarket? Cheap and effective, they can certainly take away a few years off of your face. Do take note that you have to carry them out on a regular basis. Throw in a little patience, too!
Here are some very simple exercises that are guaranteed to lift those saggy cheeks:
The Big “O”
While standing up or sitting down, doing this exercise can help in toning the muscles in your cheeks, eventually saving them from heading south. Here’s how it’s done:
• Look towards the ceiling and form your mouth into a big “O”. Cover your upper and lower teeth with your lips.
• Press the inner sides of your palms against your cheeks.
• Try to make the biggest smile that you can, with your palms providing resistance.
• Keep smiling for about 3 to 5 seconds, and then take your mouth back to the big “O” position.
• After a couple of seconds, do a big smile once again. Repeat 12 to 15 times.
Smile and Puff
This particular exercise helps in stretching your cheek muscles in varying ways, making them toned and tight. However, it’s best done when no one is around — you’ll see why. Here’s how to do it:
• Make the biggest smile that you can — the more pearly whites that can be seen, the better.
• Keep that big smile you have for about 10 seconds.
• Relax and then fill your cheeks with air — imagine yourself as a puffer fish!
• Again, hold it for about 10 seconds for maximum results.
• Rest your cheek muscles for a few seconds, and then repeat everything for about 2 minutes.
Puff Left and Right
Just like the exercise above, this one involves puffing the cheeks, but you have to puff one cheek at a time. Nevertheless, it can deliver superb results. Here are the steps:
• Take a deep breath and fill your mouth with air.
• Force all the air in your mouth to one cheek. Maintain it for 3 to 5 seconds.
• Afterwards, take all the air to your other cheek. Again, keep it that way for 3 to 5 seconds.
• Exhale and rest for a couple of seconds.
• Repeat everything for about 2 minutes, although you should stop if you feel lightheaded!
Are you fond of doing the duck face? There is another type of face that you should make not when taking a selfie, but as you attempt to deal with your saggy cheeks. Here’s how it’s done properly:
• Begin by puckering your lips as though you are about to kiss someone.
• The tighter your lips, the better the results!
• While your lips are in that position, try to make a big smile — but of course you can’t!
• Maintain such tension around your lips for about 10 seconds.
• Relax for a few seconds, and then repeat. Try to do everything 12 to 15 times.
Again, patience is something that you should have when employing the above exercises. Eventually, you will notice that more and more of your family and friends are giving you flattering remarks!