Did you recently turn vegan and now you feel that the breakfast table isn’t complete without the sight of your favorite scrambled eggs? Worry not. You can still make your mornings more complete with vegetarian scrambled eggs!
They look just like the real deal, but they are free of eggs. Of course you cannot expect them to taste exactly just like scrambled eggs, but their own characteristic flavor and texture very much similar to scrambled eggs will surely satisfy you! What’s more, you can treat them just like actual scrambled eggs — slather ketchup or hot sauce on them, or add bits of vegetables like chopped up carrots, onions or bell peppers.
One of the secrets to making egg-less scrambled eggs perfect is turmeric. Adding a little of this very popular spice gives your vegetarian scrambled eggs a lovely color that is very reminiscent of the real thing. Also, turmeric adds heavenly aroma and flavor. And did you know that turmeric has phenomenal anti-inflammatory properties?
Now going to the main ingredient which is silken tofu, some people say that soy is good for you due to all the protein and fiber it packs, and some people say that it’s bad for you because it can cause hormonal imbalance.
The key is to keep your consumption of soy and various soy-based products in moderation. So unless you are stuffing your face with egg-less scrambled eggs out of silken tofu every meal of the day, there should be no problem. Besides, there’s simply no denying that all the positives of soy outweigh the purported negatives!
So without any more ado, here’s how you can easily whip up egg-less scrambled eggs that’s good for 2 to 3 servings:
- A small package of silken tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- A little kosher or sea salt
- A little ground black pepper
- Remove the liquids of the silken tofu and place it on a large plate.
- Break up the curds using a spoon. If you want the resulting vegetarian scrambled eggs to be chunky, chop up the silken tofu with a spoon into large bits. But if you want your egg-less scrambled eggs on the fluffy side, have the silken tofu mashed with a fork.
- Sprinkle your turmeric on the silken tofu and stir a little with a spoon. You will notice that your silken tofu will begin to have a lovely golden color, much like that of the yolk of an egg.
- Grab a pan and add a little olive oil or any healthy oil that has a high smoke point. You certainly don’t want your delicious vegan scrambled eggs to be marred by a burnt taste.
- Once the oil is hot enough, fry your silken tofu just like you would your usual scrambled eggs.
- To have all of the silken tofu cooked evenly, use low heat only and remember to stir every now and then.
- Don’t forget to season with a garlic powder and a little salt and pepper!
That’s how you can make scrambled eggs without cracking open some eggs! It’s easy, it’s delicious, plus it’s packed with nutrients that can make your every morning perfect.
While cooking, you may add chopped up vegetables such as carrots, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, spring onions and even tomatoes. Thyme, oregano, basil, parsley — there are also all sorts of herbs that you may add to your vegan scrambled eggs just to make it overshadow real scrambled eggs. Not only can these add-ons make your egg-less scrambled eggs taste and look and smell yummier, but also a lot healthier!
Don’t forget to come back to this site and leave a comment below after you have tried for yourself this super simple egg-less scrambled eggs recipe!