There are many reasons why you would vomit such as morning sickness, had too much to drink, a stomach flu, and even some medications. Vomiting can be nasty at times especially when you’re expelling everything that is inside your stomach not to mention the feeling afterwards. Constant vomiting can make you dehdyrated and unable to function properly which is why you need to address it as soon as possible. If you don’t want to take any medications to solve this problem, try these kitchen ingredients to alleviate it.
- Cinnamon. If you have any cinnamon in your kitchen then you are in luck as this spice can alleviate your vomiting fairly quickly. Boil a cup of water then add half a teaspoon to one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in it. You can use a cinnamon stick if you don’t have any cinnamon powder on hand. Let it steep for a few minutes then strain. Add some honey to it to give that sweet taste then sip the entire day. This treatment is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Ginger. Ginger is yet another home remedy that can help solve your vomiting problems. This spice has been used in various Asian cultures when it comes to treating digestive issues and vomiting is not that different. Just cut a ginger root and start chewing on it to help alleviate your vomiting. If the taste of ginger is too much for you, you can take a spoonful of honey with it so you won’t have a hard time chewing the spice.
- Mint leaves. Although there is nothing wrong with going with pre-made herbal teas, why not brew your own using mint leaves? All that you have to do is to add some dried mint leaves in a cup of boiling water and let them steep for an hour. Strain the tea and drink it afterwards. If you don’t have time to boil some mint tea, you can always chew on the leaves to help alleviate your vomiting.
- Clove. Another possible kitchen ingredient that you can use to assuage your vomiting and nausea is clove. One reason why this spice is often recommended is because it has soothing properties that can help appease your digestive system. This remedy is suitable if your vomiting is caused by gastric problems. You can either chew on some cloves or you can steep some in a cup of boiling water and drink after. Either way, you will be able to alleviate your vomiting problem.
- Rice water. In the event that you have gastritis or even any other stomach issue that is causing you to vomit frequently, drinking some starchy rice water is guaranteed to help you out. Just boil a cup of white rice in one and a half cup of water. Once the rice is cooked strain the water and drink this solution after it has cooled. Just take your time in sipping this water to help stop your vomiting.