Most of us are aware of how we look that we are often looking for diet and exercise programs that can help us achieve a stronger looking and leaner physique. Unfortunately, the more focused we are on how we look on the outside, we end up forgetting what is going on inside of us. Although we eat a balanced diet, sometimes our body needs more than just a serving of vegetables and fruits to help heal our gut for better digestion. Do you want to know how you can bring balance back to your gut flora? You can start by adding these foods to your diet.
- Bananas. Never underestimate the power of bananas to your gut health. For starters, it actually helps bring back the natural balance of gut bacteria in your stomach hence reducing any inflammation that you are feeling. So the next time your stomach is rumbling, eat some bananas to settle your stomach.
- Yogurt. There are plenty of bacteria found in your gut but sometimes the number of bad bacteria can overwhelm the good. To bring back a healthy ratio of good and bad bacteria, eating yogurt is definitely a must. One reason behind this is that yogurt contains probiotics that can keep the lining of your colon healthy.
- Broccoli. Another food that is also good for healing your gut is broccoli. This cruciferous vegetable is actually capable of reducing inflammation in your gut while at the same time provide you with protection against various types of cancer like breast, colon, and stomach cancer.
- Cinnamon. Gas can build up in your stomach which can trigger indigestion and bloat. If this is a constant problem with your gut, it would help if you add cinnamon to your diet. Cinnamon is a type of carminative which can help dispel the gas forming in your stomach. What’s more, this spice can help improve your digestion.
- Sauerkraut. Another must have food to help heal your gut is to eat sauerkraut. This fermented food actually boosts the number of healthy microbes in your gut to the point that the bad bacteria are greatly reduced. When the number of good bacteria increases, your body will be able to absorb more nutrients that will be beneficial to your overall health.
- Brown rice. Did you know that eating brown rice is actually good for your digestion? The amount of fiber in this food helps in cleansing your stomach of its toxins so that it will be able to function normally. Another plus to eating brown rice is that it can help you lose weight because it settles in your stomach for hours. And when you start to lose weight, it will be easier for your GI tract to digest your food.
These are just a few foods that are known to improve and heal your gut. Adding them to your diet can boost your overall health significantly because they can increase nutrient absorption while making sure that your digestive system works smoothly.