Sleeping uncomfortably can sometimes lead to health problems. Believe it or not, 50% of the population suffers from insomnia, which makes it hard for them to get up in the morning. But, there are actually some natural remedies that you can try experimenting with to try and get rid of that heavy feeling when you don’t get enough sleep at night.
Insomnia is a hard health condition most people have that usually requires sleeping pills or worse, prescription drugs to get rid of. Its that feeling of your body wanting to go to sleep but your eyes just wont let you, or that feeling of getting enough sleep but you feel like you are still tired when you wake up. Insomnia is a very hard sleeping disorder to get rid of, which is why it is sometimes better that you try some harmless remedies that can help you get rid of that tired feeling you get when you wake up in the morning.
One natural sleeping remedy that you should try are plants. Plants actually have some natural effects on the body that can cure or possibly help lessen your insomnia at night. They help relax and give good air to help circulate your body with oxygen. Sometimes it could be the weather or your sleeping patterns that can cause insomnia, too many late nights because of work or staying up too late watching your favorite TV series will program your body into sleeping at those hours every night, unless you change it up and sleep early.
If you are struggling with plants to get to help you get to sleep, here are some plants that you can try bringing into your room to help you sleep at night:
- Jasmine plant – This plant is good for your bedroom, aside from improving your sleep; it gives off a natural and pleasing scent that can help you the following day when it comes to being alert and your productivity.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera has a number of good benefits and does not always apply to sleeping patterns. Aloe Vera can help with skin: such as stretch marks, blemish, and dry skin. But on the subject of sleep, Aloe Vera distributes oxygen during the night that can help you feel more at ease while you’re lying in bed. It is also referred to as the “plant of immortality” because it is easy to plant and people never run out of it.
- Lavender plant – if you have been using an air purifier all your life to help you with oxygen circulation, then you have to try this lavender plant. Lavender plants are successful at making your air clean, plus if you place it in your bedroom, it will reduce feelings of anxiety, stress, and lessen insomnia.
- Snake Plant – if you are having problems with your respiratory system, this plant will be the best to bring with you inside your room. The snake plant has been proven to treat respiratory complications, prevents eye irritations, and headaches. Other than that, it also filters out the air inside your room, making air clean for you to breathe in.
- English ivy plant – if you are the type that has difficulty in breathing, or has asthma, this plant is best recommended for you. This easy to get plant, has been proven by experts to treat complex asthma problems and breathing issues, it is also the best plant to bring into your bedroom if you have these particular health complications because it is the best at purifying your air.