The weekend is almost here and for sure you already have plans to relax and unwind. However, if you are following a fitness program, most likely you’re feeling a bit frustrated on how you are missing out on all the fun that you can do with your family and friends. Just because you want to keep those stubborn fats from accummulating, it doesn’t mean you should let go of your weekend and spend most of your time in the gym. There are plenty of lowkey exercises that you can do that won’t hurt your weekend. Here are a few suggestions to try out.
- Hiking. Who said that you can’t mix fitness with pleasure? Invite your friends to go on a hike with you where you can get to work those leg muscles of yours up and down the trail while bonding with one another. For sure, you will love the outdoors even more because of this plus you will give your cardio the boost it needs to function properly.
- Martial arts. Another trick to enjoying your weekends while still getting fit is to learn something new like martial arts. What better way to spend your weekend than taking up courses on martial arts where you will learn how to use your body for combat and self-defense? For sure, once you get a taste for it, you’ll be looking forward to your next session.
- Capture the flag. Fitness isn’t limited to working out in the gym because you can make your backyard into your own personal gym. What’s even better is that you can even have your kids join in the fun. One such weekend activity that you can do is capture the flag of the opposite team. You can use colorful flags if you like, or, use glowsticks so you can play even at night.
- Do yoga in the morning. Squeezing in yoga in the morning is one of the best ways to start your day as it helps you open your body so that the blood will flow better to warm your muscles. Yoga can also help increase your energy levels and even make your muscles flexible and your joints capable of doing more ranges of motion.
- Start cleaning. Well, you need to face cleaning your house at one point within the week so why not do it over the weekend? You may not really consider this as a workout but think of all the bending, lifting, squatting, and reaching that you are going to do. For sure, you will be all sweaty and aching afterwards but you’ll be burning off plenty of calories in the process.
These are just a few examples of lowkey exercises that you can do over the weekends that will not make you feel that you were robbed of your precious Saturday and Sunday. You won’t even miss going to the gym after. There are more exercises that you can do aside from the ones mentioned above that will help you stay fit while still having fun.