The appearance of gray hair is caused by significant accumulation of hydrogen peroxide due as a result of wear and tear on hair follicles. All hair cells are made up of a small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Due to aging, the concentration of hydrogen peroxide increases. In essence, bleaching the hair pigment from deep within will get rid of gray hair. There are natural home remedies for gray hair that we have enumerated below. These all-natural and safe cures are also known to solve other related problems such as premature graying of hair and thinning hair effectively.
The Best Home Remedies for Gray Hair
Flax Seed Oil Mixture
Flaxseed is extremely popular in Ayurveda alternative medicine. It is commonly being used to treat gray hair too.
- – Combine 3 garlic cloves with the juice from 4 medium-sized lemons. Blend these ingredients and mix well.
- After blending and mixing, add 200 grams of flaxseed oil, 1 kg of honey into the mixture. Combine well with the use of a blender.
- Once done, finally transfer the mixture to a glass bowl. Secure a tight lid around the bowl. Refrigerate overnight before first consumption.
- Take at least one tablespoon of the mixture 30 minutes before meals. Use a wooden spoon when obtaining the mixture from its container.
- Ideally, this mixture is to be consumed thrice a day, before major meals.
Indian Gooseberry or Amla
Indian gooseberry plays a crucial role in Ayurveda medicine when it comes to solving hair problems. Alma facilitates the speedy and proper growth of hair strands. In addition, the compounds found in Amla successfully prevent premature graying of hair. It also boasts natural chemicals that invigorate hair pigmentation thus treating gray hair problems.
The consumption of onion juice can minimize, even reverse the production of gray hair. Place concentrated onion juice and apply directly on the scalp region. Massage the mixture for a few minutes. Let the onion juice soak onto the scalp for 1 hour. You may also add a few drops of lemon juice in your onion juice. Same procedure follows. Simply apply directly on the scalp. You may also use a whole raw onion and rub it on the scalp. Repeat this process daily for a few weeks or until you see positive results.