A lot of women would like to have that gorgeous body even as they age but adding exercise on top of their daily chores at home and at work may sound impossible. Unfortunately, this is the kind of thinking that won’t get you anywhere when it comes to achieving your fitness goal. But the good news is that you can actually start changing your habits so you can start enjoying working out. If you are wondering how you will be able to stay fit and healthy, try the following tips out.
- Stick with your choice of fitness program for two weeks. Most women complain that they feel bored with their workout routine but this doesn’t have to be so. Try sticking with your current fitness routine for 2 weeks then try another program. Variety can lift the boredom for sure while giving your muscles the extra challenge that they need to start getting toned and sculpted.
- Start eating healthy snacks between meals. Another tip that you should keep in mind is to ditch those salty and sweet snacks that you are constantly indulging in between meals and opt for healthier choices instead. Think vegetables or fruits that you can prepare earlier in the day so you can bring it with you to the office to satiate your hunger. Consider apples, celery, blueberries, and the like.
- Pay attention to your muscles. If you have an elliptical machine at home, most likely you’ve been using it as you watch your favorite TV series. You’re probably thinking that this is a good thing because you are getting fit without missing your favorite show. On the contrary, this mindless workout that you are doing is not providing you any fitness benefits at all because you are not focused on how your muscles work. You lose your form in the process where form is everything when exercising. The best thing to do is to concentrate on your workout so that you are aware which muscles are being used and whether you are engaging them properly.
- Sleep. Do not forget that getting enough sleep is actually beneficial to your overall health because it is while you are resting when your body starts to repair itself. Doctors recommend that you get up to 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep so you will be fully energized the following day. Set up a routine where you are in bed by 10 if possible so you can wake up early and be able to squeeze in a few minutes of exercise before you start the day.
- Hang tight. Pull-ups may be difficult to do at first but why skip hanging when it also helps to engage your entire body? Hanging on a bar for as long as you can manage is actually a good training for your upper body plus you can progress to different bar workouts when you are more comfortable with it.
These are just a few fitness tips that you can get started with if you are aiming to become healthy and fit as you age.