Women can’t help but wish they have a perkier butt as it helps with their overall figure but when you’ve been doing the same old butt workouts, you might need to change the pace a little bit to really get your glutes working. The good news is that there isn’t any shortage of butt exercises to try. As a matter of fact, one such workout that is going to give your butt muscles a huge challenge is the Brazilian butt workout. What exercises are included here?
Here are some examples that you can try.
- Donkey kicks. Go down on all fours with your back flat and your core muscles engaged. Raise your left leg while keeping your knee at a 90 degree angle. Push the raised leg backward and as high as you can then lower it back down. Repeat 12 times then switch to the right leg. Do the same reps here.
- Brazilian butt lift touchdown. In this workout, you should stand straight with your feet together and toes pointing forward. Go down into a squat until both knees are 90 degrees. Step your left leg behind you to go into a deep lunge with your right hand placed alongside your right thigh or on the floor. Bring your left hand up and in front of your face with your palm facing away from you. Go back to your starting position then extend your right leg back then repeat the steps above.
- Glute bridges. Another exercise that should go in your Brazilian butt workout is glute bridges. Lie down while your knees are bent. Your hands should be placed on either side of you. Tighten your cure and your glutes as you lift your hips off the floor. Hold this pose for a few seconds then release to go back to your first position. Repeat.
- Brazilian butt lift explosive lunge. You can also do the butt lift explosive lunge to shape and tone your glutes. To do this exercise, you should first lunge forward with your left leg with your knees bent to 90 degrees. Press down on your feet to jump up explosively and while you are in the air, switch your legs so that the right leg is in the forward position and your left leg back. Sink back into a lunge and repeat. Continue alternating legs until you complete 12 reps.
- Side lying leg kicks. In this exercise, you should lie on your right side with your upper body propped on your elbow with your legs long and slightly in front of the body. Raise your left leg to your hip’s height, exhale, then kick your leg forward and then pulse. On inhale, lengthen your legs then repeat the steps to complete 10 reps.
These exercises will work on your core, hamstrings, thighs, and glutes and if you do them repeatedly, you will increase your chances of getting that well-toned, perky butt in no time.