There are quite a number of viruses around us that can trigger some colds, coughs, or worse, hepatitis, and HIV. Although most people tend to get vaccinated against these health problems, sometimes they are still exposed to these diseases much to their dismay. Relying on vaccinations alone may not give you the protection you are after but if you can combine it with antiviral herbs, not only wil you be able to fight off infection but you’ll also be able to enhance your immune system so you will be stronger and well-protected against diseases.
So which antiviral herbs should you try out? Here are a few that are worth mentioning.
- Calendula. This herb is known to contain high amounts of flavonoids which are a type of antioxidants that can protect you against any damage caused by free radicals. Calendula is also known for its ability to fight off inflammation, viruses, as well as bacteria.
- Elderberry. This particular herb has long been used to treat various infections. Among these include herpes, bacterial infections, influenza, as well as viral infections. There are studies that showed this herb to be a useful treatment when it comes to influenza A and B because of its effects on both strains and the lack of side effects too.
- Garlic. Another herb that you should include in your list is garlic. Garlic is quite effective in getting rid of various microorganisms that are known to trigger not just the more common illnesses but also the rare ones such as thrush, tuberculosis, herpes, and pneumonia. Aside from these, garlic has also been used for treating ear infections as well as eye problems because of its antiviral properties.
- Licorice root. Licorice is starting to make waves in terms of natural treatments as it has been found to be effective in treating as well as preventing diseases like HIV, influenza, and hepatitis C. Other benefits linked to licorice root are treatment for sore throat, relieves pain, remedies coughs, and provides protection against signs of leaky gut.
- Ginger. When it comes to enhancing your immune system, you shouldn’t forget that ginger is one herb that can help you out. Ginger is quite useful as it has the ability to break down any toxins that are forming in your organs. Another plus to using this herb is that it can help detoxify your lympathic system. And because it can eliminate toxins in your body, your risk from viral, bacterial, and fungal infections will go down.
- Olive leaf. Another herb that has been found to contain antiviral properties is the olive leaf. One reason why this is a good choice when it comes to fighting infections because of its strong antiviral properties. Among the infections that it can treat are candida symptoms, chronic fatigue syndrome, gonorrhea, meningitis, and pneumonia just to name a few.
When it comes to boosting your immune system, you should definitely look into these herbs as they can provide you the protection you need against various diseases. You can add them to your dishes or make a tea out of them whichever you prefer.