The changing seasons is always a welcome treat especially as spring and summer roll in but for those who have allergic reactions to pollen, grasses, and even other types of airborne triggers, the changing season isn’t something they look forward to. Most rely on over-the-counter medications to help alleviate their allergies but sometimes these are not enough anymore plus they tend to build resistance to the medication. How then will you be able to deal with your constant sneezing?
Fortunately, allergies can be reduced or treated using safer alternatives such as these natural remedies.
- Apples. How about that? Apples are really effective in stopping allergies in their tracks because they contain quercetin, an antioxidant that is known to repel allergy triggers plus deliver important nutrients to your body.
- Probiotics. If you haven’t tried eating yogurt or foods containing probiotics, know is the time to do so. Probiotics have been found to contain anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties that can put your allergies to rest.
- Local honey. There are studies that show eating local honey can provide protection against pollen allergies. Experts believe that introducing a small amount of pollen into the body can teach the body to become accustomed to it. This is why, eating local honey that came from bees within the area may help you develop a stronger immunity to the pollens floating around.
- Fruits with vitamin C. Breaking out in hives, itching, and other sources of discomfort is your body’s allergic reaction to histamine. Fortunately, vitamin C can help you deal with this problem as it prevents inflammatory cells from producing histamine. By increasing your intake of foods that are high in vitamin C, you will be equipping your body with the protection it needs to put a halt to histamine production for fast relief.
- Berries. The anthocyanins present in berries, particularly those that are deep-colored, are the ones that can boost your immune system while reducing flare-ups from allergies. Blueberries are definitely worth adding to your diet as they are rich in antioxidants.
- Go nuts. And not the crazy one, okay? Nuts such as almonds and cashews are quite effective in beating back allergies because they contain high amounts of magnesium. Magnesium is known for its antihistamine and bronchodilator properties hence they can reduce your allergic reactions quickly. What’s more, this particular mineral can trigger a calming effect on your nasal passages for instant relief.
- Pineapple. Another home remedy that can help you deal with your allergies is pineapple. This is due to the fact that this fruit contains bromelain which helps in thinning mucus thus reducing allergic reactions. You can also get supplements containing bromelain to help fight off your allergies.
These are just a few examples of home remedies that are known to fight off allergic reactions fast. You’ll be surprised to find that you don’t have to rely on over-the-counter medications too much once you see how safer these remedies are.