Just because you don’t have time to spare during the weekdays to workout, you can always use your weekdays to blast some serious fats. There are a lot of people who can’t keep up with their daily fitness routine what with their chores at home and their work at the office. And because of this, many are eyeing their weekends to do all of their workout to catch up on what they have missed. Although this is not really an ideal setting, you can still make the best of it especially when you’re trying to reduce your weight while toning and strengthening your muscles.
Fortunately, there is the 5-minute weekend warrior workout that you can start with if you really want to blast the fat from your body. Here is an example of this weekend workout session.
- Core movements. Since you only have a limited time in your hands to work out, you will need to be smart on how to approach your exercises. A fitness expert recommends that you focus on big movements such as presses, deadlifts, lunges, and squats just to name a few. These exercises will work on larger muscle groups which means that you will get the most out of your fitness routine over the weekend.
- Jumping jacks. You will never go wrong with adding jumping jacks to your weekend warrior routine as this will certainly get your heart rate racing. Not only that, but you’ll also warm up your muscles in the process so you will be able to execute various poses easily.
- Squeeze in the squats. Don’t forget to work on your lower body during the weekends. One way to do this is to do more squats within the weekend. You can do more volume one day then do squats for maximum strength on another day. The good news is that there are many types of squats to choose from so you won’t have any shortage at all.
- Mountain climbers. Aside from squats, do add mountain climbers to your workout routine. This exercise will work not just your arms and legs but your core too. Do 20 mountain climbers within your 5-minute workout.
- Pushups. You don’t really need to do fancy exercises when working out because adding classic moves like pushups will certainly help a lot. To execute the perfect pushup, make sure that your hands are positioned under your shoulders and your weight is evenly balanced between your hands and the balls of your feet. Keep your core engaged as well as your glutes to keep your midsection and back strong. Push yourself upward by extending your elbows to straighten your arms. Hold this for a few seconds then go back down. Do 5 reps.
These are just a few examples of exercises that you can incorporate into your 5-minute weekend warrior session. You can choose your own exercises based on your needs. Just make sure that you follow proper form for each exercise that you choose to get the most out of them.