Castor oil has been around for quite some time now and has been touted for its numerous health benefits. It is also the first vegetable oil that is being used for various industrial purposes because of its lubricating abilities and high viscosity. Known as a laxative, castor oil may be viewed as a crude product by many, but it does have some amazing uses that cannot be denied.
- Alleviates sore muscles. This warm oil actually helps in boosting circulation of fluids in our body. It is actually a good choice when it comes to massaging your muscles because its warmth can help release the tension in your muscles. Just apply a small amount of castor oil on the affected area then massage gently. Castor oil is also a good choice for carrier oil. Just add a few drops of peppermint oil or chamomile oil then mix before massaging on your muscles.
- Works as a moisturizer. Another way for you to use castor oil is as a moisturizer because of its high viscosity. When applied on the skin, it stays longer and can penetrate deep into your skin so that it nourishes from the inside out. It is also a useful remedy for those suffering from dry skin as it can transform it into shiny and smooth looking skin.
- Treats fungal infections. The strong fungicidal property of castor oil is one of the reasons why it is often used to treat various fungal infections like athlete’s foot, ringworm and even tinea cruris or crotch itch. The best part is that castor oil doesn’t come with any side effects when used unlike other fungicidal medications out there.
- Promotes better hair color. It’s actually surprising to learn that castor oil is also good for the hair. If your hair is looking dull at the moment and lacking luster, castor oil can make it look thicker and even richer in color in no time. This is due to the fact that this oil is actually a humectant which means it locks the moisture in your hair. Dry your hair after taking a bath then warm a tablespoon of castor oil then apply on your hair using your fingers. If your hair is long, divide it into sections before applying the oil so that it will coat the hair strands properly.
- Minimizes wrinkles. Is the appearance of wrinkles starting to frustrate you? Well, it appears that castor oil can help keep your wrinkles at bay. This is due to the fact that this oil can actually increase collagen and elastin production on your part which keeps signs of aging at bay. What’s amazing about castor oil is that it can penetrate deep into your skin without causing your pores to get clogged by the oil. It can also minimize the appearance of scars and blemishes on your skin too.
So you see? Castor oil isn’t just for helping you with bowel movements but it is also good for other uses too.